Glovia International Announces Release of Manufacturing ERP Software GLOVIA G2 version 3
January 27, 2015
GLOVIA G2 V3 runs on any platform, features easy-to-use, highly visual interface that simplifies work-flow for non-ERP experts and improves end-user productivity
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (January 27, 2015) -- Discrete manufacturing ERP software company Glovia International, Inc., a Fujitsu Company, has released a new version of its signature enterprise resource planning system GLOVIA G2.
The new GLOVIA G2 V3 release enhances GLOVIA G2's innovative, highly visual user interface with intuitive, uncluttered screens that walk the end user through each step of the work process, making it easy to use for non-ERP experts. This manufacturing ERP is highly adaptable, offering universal use on any device, operating system or browser with full database support on SQL Server 2014 and Oracle Database 12c.
Designed for small-, medium- and large-sized manufacturers, including Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the automotive, aerospace and defense, and electronics industries, GLOVIA G2 V3 offers existing and new customers several advantages over other manufacturing ERP systems:
- Fully mobile, universal system — All G2 transactional capabilities can now be conducted on both desktop and mobile devices, including those deploying Android, Apple, and Windows operating systems, using either mouse or touchscreen navigation.
- HTML5/Java-script user experience — All modules in this manufacturing ERP software feature full functionality across all industry standard browsers including Internet Explorer (Desktop and Metro), Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
- Flexible, intuitive navigation — Options for menu-less or traditional navigation and function keys for rapid navigation provide end users with software that can accommodate any work style preferences, eliminating the need for extensive product training or ERP system experts when switching systems.
- Improved end-user productivity — A seamless workflow and color-coded, "traffic light" style alerts simplify the work process by providing end users with only the screens and data they need to complete their task.
"GLOVIA G2 V3 is the culmination of two years of development work to future-proof our customers' investments in manufacturing ERP software by providing a system that leverages the latest technology and offers scalability as our customers grow," said James Gorham, executive vice president.
"Our company believes that not only should manufacturing operations run efficiently, but that lean principles can be applied to other areas as well, such as accounting, inventory and purchasing," he said. "This software release incorporates functional and interface improvements that help all areas of our customers' businesses work more productively."
GLOVIA G2 V3 builds on more than 40 years of domain experience in the development of comprehensive manufacturing ERP systems for automotive, aerospace and defense, and electronics suppliers. GLOVIA G2 is well known for its depth of functionality and lower cost-of-ownership, with two deployment options available: on-premise software and an on-demand, cloud-based ERP solution.
Additional features that separate GLOVIA G2 from other manufacturing ERP software include:
- Innovative user experience — A flattened spreadsheet-like grid structure removes repetitive re-keying of information between modules to improve end-user productivity.
- Compatibility with multiple lean manufacturing methodologies — G2 provides full support for manufacturers using a variety of lean manufacturing philosophies, including MRP, Kanban, Seiban and JIT, and supports lean business principles not only for manufacturing, but also for other functions of the business, including accounting, invoicing, sales and inventory management.
- Integration with other management software — G2 modules can be implemented alongside other management software, enabling companies to install needed modules without losing their prior software investment.
- Better ROI and reduced cost-of-ownership — Two deployment options provide affordable manufacturing ERP solutions for a wide variety of companies.
- Highly flexible, scalable solution — This manufacturing ERP software provides significant flexibility to accommodate any changes to the customer's business over its lifetime, including mergers and divestitures, and the addition of new products, divisions and plants.
- Global functionality — G2 easily manages the operations of single-location manufacturers as well as multinational businesses using multiple currencies and languages, in multiple countries and time zones.
The company plans to demonstrate its new GLOVIA G2 V3 manufacturing ERP software at Houstex 2015 at the George R. Brown Convention Center on Feb. 24-26 at Booth #452.
GLOVIA G2 V3 is available immediately. Contact Glovia for more information
or call (800) 223-3799.
Additional Product Information
- Multi-Device, Multi-Browser, Multi-Operating Systems
- ALL G2 transactional capabilities can now be conducted on both desktop and mobile devices, including those deploying Android, Apple, and Windows operating systems, using either mouse or touchscreen navigation.
- An HTML5/Java-script user experience allows all G2 transactions to be conducted on all industry standard browsers including Internet Explorer (Desktop and Metro), Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
- User Productivity
- Continue to focus on maximizing the User Experience and User Productivity by providing a new 'Clean' look and feel:
- New highly visual, highly productive 'Cockpits' for planning, engineering and Lot/Serial Traceability.
- New 'Overlay' drop-down menu with 'breadcrumbs'.
- All paging screens records displayed as grids
- Function keys for rapid navigation are available
- Select existing capabilities have been converted to a flatter, tabbed layout.
- Adoption of the latest internet based security standards.
- No 'plug-ins' required.
- No Telnet connection required.
- Microsoft WCF services communicate information between user and web-server.
- Secured Socket connections used between the web-server and the Application Server.
- All data communications encrypted.
- New Functional Capabilities
- New Quality Management Module for the definition and enforcement of detailed Inventory and Line-side Quality Assurance processes.
- MPS/MRP Planning Cockpit — Provides a highly visual, highly productive user experience for exception management and order conversions based on the multi-level or where-used product structure.
- Engineering BOM Maintenance Cockpit — Provides a highly visual, highly productive user experience for maintaining Engineering BOM's using drag and drop.
- New Lot and Serial Trace-ability Capabilities.
- Provides capabilities to record, validate, and, enforce the recording of Lot or Serial Trace information for components flagged as traceable.
- A highly visual, highly productive user experience for 'bottom-up' and 'top-down' multi-level traceability and production/supply historical analysis.
- Decimal Precision can be defined differently for each Unit of Measure. Logistics mechanisms enhanced to round up to the precision of the Unit of Measure.
- Personalization for Ad-hoc grids.
- G2 Integration with Share-point Workflow — Designed to provide the ability to build Share-point Workflow solutions with 'embedded' G2 transactions.
- Initial 'Starter kit' includes PO approval and Engineering sample workflows
- New Multi-level PRP Planning Inquiry.
- New 'Production Seiban' module.
GLOVIA G2 Recertification Scores High in TEC ERP Analyst's Review
The latest version of GLOVIA G2 receives high marks by Technology Evaluation Centers (TEC) for discrete manufacturing enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions. The certification is an impartial review of GLOVIA G2's ability to address real-world business processes.
TEC Senior Research Analyst Aleksey Osintsev writes, "based on the results of TEC's research performed during the software certification process, GLOVIA G2 was found to be one of the most robust discrete manufacturing ERP solutions on the market. G2 is well above-average ERP software that is designed and developed for manufacturing businesses of small-to-medium and larger size. The software is highly scalable, natively supporting multi-company and multinational businesses and exhibiting high integration capabilities with other systems. GLOVIA G2 can also accommodate larger manufacturers or multiple manufacturing facilities of large enterprises."
"The GLOVIA G2 software can be used on various types of mobile devices and is capable of providing a more than adequate level of support for global manufacturers, presenting serious competition to the well‐known larger scale ERP products available in the marketplace."
View the Entire GLOVIA G2 Discrete Manufacturing ERP Certification Report from TEC.
Technology Evaluation Centers (TEC)
Technology Evaluation Centers (TEC) is the leading advocate for the enterprise software purchaser. By providing objective technology research, detailed information about vendors and solutions, Web‐based software evaluation and selection services, and expert advice, TEC helps private and public‐sector organizations choose the best enterprise software solutions for their unique business needs‐quickly, impartially, and cost‐effectively.
TEC Certification is an impartial review that verifies a software product's ability to address real-world business processes. Certified products must meet the stringent guidelines specified by TEC's analysts. All certified products bear the TEC Certified seal. The seal indicates that the vendor's responses to TEC's request for information (RFI) satisfactorily describe the product's capabilities.
glovia OM Added to Canon Information and Imaging Solutions, Inc.'s Solutions Portfolio
"CIIS is using glovia OM as our own order management system. By adding it to our portfolio, we are now able to share Canon's operational excellence with our clients." -Satoshi Nagata, President Canon Information and Imaging Solutions
GLOVIA G2 certified by TEC (Technology Evaluation Centers)
GLOVIA G2 receives Technology Evaluation Centers (TEC) Certification...