Providing the tools to optimize cost-effective product changes
Download Data Sheet
Engineering is the architectural cornerstone of GLOVIA G2. The solution's flexible design lets you define and document your products and services so that you can respond quickly to product and service changes demanded by the marketplace.
High tech environments and prototype product designs are not the only cases where changes to a bill of material will frequently occur. Almost any environment that is affected by technological advances, changing consumer demand, and fluctuations in the availability of components and raw materials can also be flooded with engineering changes.
Given this situation, it is essential that you have the tools to respond quickly and effectively. Choosing the most time and cost-effective solution for your business is also vital. This is why GLOVIA G2 provides a flexible system that lets you simulate and analyze the effects of a proposed change prior to modifying a product's configuration. Once you are ready, the system updates your files and helps you adapt to the change within a fully integrated framework.
Managing the Change Process
Upon recognizing a potential change with an item, an Engineering Change Notice (ECN) is submitted. To facilitate, review and move forward, the Engineering Change application provides a series of simple, class-driven procedures that prompt you to identify solutions and approve changes before releasing the ECN. While that change is being analyzed, all impacted structures in demand, supply or planning can be triggered to give an ECN pending message, with links back to the ECN for analysis.
To help identify the best solution, the system provides a "What-If" tool that lets you simulate the timing and cost impact of various operational schedules. You enter the proposed change(s), and the system searches the database and identifies the status of all impacted areas. An interactive reporting capability provides the means for reviewing the cost-effectiveness of alternative solutions.
When you have determined the best solution and approved the ECN, you have the option to execute specific changes, group changes, or mass changes for all areas affected by the ECN. This allows you to selectively execute any or all impacted structures. For open or "in process" orders affected by the ECN, the system generates a detailed report so that you can make the necessary adjustments and take the appropriate corrective actions.
Status Tracking / History
You can track open or closed ECNs either by item number or by ECN (with multiple items associated with the same ECN). This flexibility allows you to analyze ECN patterns and review historical information from a change-driven and item-driven perspective.
Engineering Change Life Cycle
- Establish ECN
- Analyze Impact
- Approve / Release ECN
- Execute ECN
- Track ECN
Engineering Change Notice
- Generate multiple ECNs per item
- Multiple items per ECN enabling item driven ECNs
- ECN listing and effectivity dates in Engineering
- Effectivity date definable by calendar date or Seiban number
- Mass change to all purchase requisitions, including material supply purchase requisitions, and all planned work orders, service orders, and installation orders
- Maintenance of component cross-references
- Classification driven process
Change Impact Analysis
- Review timing impact of operational schedules
- Review impact of expected costs
- Apply interactive simulation analysis to determine "solution" prior to execution of change
- Consider planned orders and work in process for potential impact of change
- Analyze usage of component item impacted by ECN across modules by way of "Links"
- Identify status of all impacted component items
Bills of Material
- Mass component add, change, or delete
- Individual item component change
- Assembly level add or change
- Engineer-to-Order and prototype design environment BOMs facilitated
Engineering Change Notice Links
- Work orders
- Purchase orders
- Purchase requisitions
- Installation orders
- Estimating (local structures)
- Service orders
- Material supply
- Pro form hierarchies
- Customer site registers
- PRP / MPS / MRP
- Contract demand
- Sales orders
- Historical ECN record tracking
- Open ECN tracking
- ECN pending notification in user selected demand / supply "Links"
- Track ECN through simulation and approval process
- Identification by item number or by ECN
- Detail of all changes made, item(s), ECN and BOM
- Inclusive ECN History of user and system maintained changes
Change Impact Analysis
- Estimating local structures impacted
- Open POs
- View ECN impacts to all "Links"
- Detail of ECN impacts to all "Links"