Superior estimating tools for manufacturing and service products
Download Data Sheet
Profitable jobs start with accurate estimates. GLOVIA G2 Estimating accelerates the development of customer quotes and bids, thereby increasing the accuracy of your plans and budgets. Functionality within Estimating provides for flexibility of product cost and structure. With GLOVIA G2, you have the tools to respond quickly to customer requirements and changing needs and still improve profitability.
Simplify the Estimating Process
By Managing estimates more efficiently, you can improve profitability for any type of product. Estimating gives you the tools you need to quickly and easily generate estimates, establish products structures, develop quotes, and evaluate the cost of proposed contract and engineering changes. A standard checklist of estimating steps helps assure consistent and complete estimates.
Estimate creation and revision is streamlined and simplified with multipurpose estimating worksheets. Estimates can be completed faster, with less effort, giving quick responses to RFQs. GLOVIA G2 manages both services and materials with ease, enabling you to manage all aspects of your business in a single integrated system.
Simplifying the Product Structure Process
With Estimating, you can build new product structures and modify existing structures with ease. These structures remain "local" so that no conflict is created with existing GLOVIA G2 Engineering bills of material. Customer unique requirements can be met by reconfiguring an existing item. Alternatively, the structure of a new product can be developed from the bottom up, while simultaneously maintaining its supply and demand pegs. You can see the effects of proposed product structure alterations easily and react quickly to changing requirements.
Manufacturing has been challenged for years by the need to plan the long lead components while still designing higher levels of the end-item assembly. GLOVIA G2 enables this by way of Progressive Engineering, functionality that allows you to do exactly that – place Purchase Orders and Work Orders for long lead components while designing the using assembly.
Further, GLOVIA G2 will maintain the demand/supply relationship to the as yet undefined assembly item so the component is not inadvertently used to meet a different demand.
Develop Accurate Cost and Price Rollups
An extensive selection of cost elements helps you set realistic selling prices based on business objectives. The system provides detailed visibility of costs, margins, and profitability to help you determine the optimal price. Cost roll-ups give you a baseline for evaluating new quotes and proposed contract changes. Estimates are linked to GLOVIA G2 Project Accounting and GLOVIA G2 Program Cost Accounting, which measure estimates against actual performance, improving the accuracy of your estimates for future contracts.
Worksheet Services and Materials List
Provides a reserved work area for:
- Building new product structures for each item
- Modifying existing product structures
- Calculating costs, prices and profit margins for materials and services
- User-defined estimating checklist and "To Do" lists
- Complete history of changes available for reference
- Product structures can be specific to a unique demand (local) or shared as common structures
- Local structures can be converted to the engineering database as standard engineering items
- Complete visibility of where local structures are used is provided
- Local structures enable simultaneous make and buy of the same component item
- New products can be progressively engineered from the bottom up using local structure functionality, which maintains demand and supply pegs and allows for replacement of defined items in all associated records
- Configured items can be defined as a local structure to aid flexibility of planning while maintaining the original pro forma hierarchy
- Engineering changes can be evaluated simultaneously against local structures, pro forma hierarchies and engineering BOMs without impact to local structure data
Cost and Price Roll-Up
Cost roll-ups based on:
- Cost only
- Price only
- Cost and price
- Supports roll-ups for both material and service items