An integrated solution designed specifically for you to manage your tooling and gauge assets and resources
Download Data Sheet
GLOVIA G2's Tool & Gauge application enables you to manage all functions pertaining to tool and gauge inventory, tracking and calibration.
Tool & Gauge is a fully integrated application designed to interface with GLOVIA G2 Work Orders and Repetitive Schedules to control and track the movement of all types of tools and gauges used in the manufacturing process. The system manages reservations, assignments, tool and gauge calibration requirements, reworks, purchases and costing.
Tools defined in this solution, used in conjunction with GLOVIA G2 Factory Planning, may be used as constraints in the planning process. Once something is flagged as a "tool," the system allows the definition of further characteristics.
Tools have additional definitions that include usage costs, dimensional data, calibration information and quality assurance cycles. Tools may be durable or consumable and may have a bill of material. When attached to a routing step, either for a work order or a repetitive schedule, tools are seen as demand by the system. Tools can be kitted, issued and returned to inventory.
Tools that have passed their calibration counters - which may be defined by issues, days or actual usage - cannot be issued and must be processed by standard GLOVIA G2 Material Review Board (MRB) functionality. This includes inspection, rework, return to vendor, use-as-is, scrap, etc.
Specific tool inspection routines are available, which allow the operator to record dimensional changes and to view historical data during the inspection process. Tool costs are added to the work order or repetitive schedule. Costs of tools returned, perhaps after failure, can be left in the job or removed from it.
A comprehensive set of inquiries and reports allow the user to monitor tool usage, issues, history, current demand, calibration, etc., to see what tools are in use at any place or time.
- Extended tool and gauge definition
- Dimensional details with dimension codes
- Usage counters
- Tool analysis
- Counter maintenance
- Multiple inventory locations
- Monthly inventory reconciliation
- Ability to locate items in bins, in use, in quarantine, or being reworked
- Item labels
- Expanded tool descriptions
Costing and Calibration
- Tool usage costs for actual costing
- Usage tracking by days, issues, or processes
- Last calibration date and history
- Automatic diversion of tools exceeding usage counters
- MRB functionality to process tools
- Tools defined on the routing step
- Direct issues or by kit list
- Tool returns with options for GLOVIA G2 Costing
- Supply & demand inquiry
- Used as resource constraints by GLOVIA G2 Factory Planning