Download Data Sheet
Any organization that supplies a product is aware of the concept of service. That is, if your
organization provides a product to the market, your organization—or someone designated by
your organization—is ultimately responsible for supporting that product. This is particularly
relevant to manufacturing organizations.
The extent of service provided by a manufacturing organization is generally a function of the
product that is manufactured. If the product is sold through a retailer, it is generally serviced
by way of the customer returning the product to the manufacturer or a pre-designated
service provider. For large products, such as refrigerators, however, a 'service agent' is
scheduled for a 'house call.' At the other extreme, the service provided by manufacturers of
Capital Equipment, such as elevators or semi-conductor equipment, frequently comprises an
organization in and of itself.
eService is a self-contained Service application for on-site service. eService helps manufacturers by:
- Increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Generating additional revenue streams
- Reducing preparation time for service orders
- Improving service request responsiveness
- Decreasing field service and material costs
- Increasing utilization of field service engineers
- Improving visibility into service orders and availability of field service engineers
Glovia recognizes the need for Service functionality that is consistent and integrated
with that used to manufacture a product. For this reason, Glovia includes functionality to
identify, plan, and manage Service from the origination of a customer order through the
manufacturing, shipment, installation, and maintenance of a product. It does this by way of
logic provided throughout the relevant applications to recognize the entity 'Service Item.'
Glovia then follows this logic with applications designed to manage installation and post-sales
service, one such application being eService.
The primary business issue addressed by eService is the need for visibility of the product
and its configuration throughout its lifecycle. At the same time, the need for visibility of total
lifecycle cost is also met by eService. And, while the Installation Management Site Register
defines the As-Shipped (As-Installed) BOM, eService provides the tool required to manage the
As-Maintained BOM at the customer site.
In addition, Glovia customers are anxious to take advantage of new technology, thereby enabling
them to improve their efficiency and reduce their operating costs. Web access addresses both of
those needs by way of the Customer Portal.
Functions performed by office staff, including development of the Contract and Invoicing of the
Customer, are done in standard GUI format to be consistent with all other functionality being used
by those individuals. However, execution of the actual field service order, as well as access to the
Customer Site Register and company inventory functions, are performed by the FSEs and thus
need to be accessible through the web.
Functions performed by the FSE can be done by way of the glovia G2 Mobile Workplace, capability that is device independent, enabling work by way of any smart phone or tablet computer
Queries are provided to enable access to all relevant
information, regardless of where the functions are performed.
Benefits to your business enabled by glovia G2 eService include:
- Create Field Service Agreements to meet warranty and customer level of service requirements
- Service your products at the customer site
- Efficiently and cost effectively obtain material needed at the customer site by way of enterprise-wide visibility of available inventory
- Manage the inventory and related costs of all material, labor and expenses associated with a service
- Define the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) for each assembly
- Uniquely identify new versus used parts which, from that point forward, are maintained throughout the system as the unique items they are
- Distinguish direct versus indirect Field Service Engineer time accountability with association to the customer should that indirect time be billable
- Reduce service administration costs; maximize service resource utilization and increase customer responsiveness and satisfaction
- Link to projects and project accounting to enable true visibility of maintenance costs and full lifecycle costs
- Enables your FSEs to operate with real time efficiency by way of the glovia G2 Mobile Workplace