Multi-Division, Multi-Currency Consolidation
The GLOVIA G2 General Ledger ERP software module is ideally suited for manufacturing operations requiring full support of multi-company, multi-division, and multi-currency financial accounting. All financial results can be tracked and reported at the individual operating unit level and then consolidated into division and corporate-wide results.
Control and Consistency
Fiscal calendars, accounting period definitions, and closing rules provide control and consistency for applications that impact the General Ledger. Transactions from other GLOVIA G2 applications are designed to integrate with the General Ledger ERP software module seamlessly.
Variable Fiscal Calendar
The accounting management software system allows each operating unit to use its own fiscal calendar. Each transaction group may be closed independently. Multiple periods or calendars can be open simultaneously so that normal operations are not disrupted during period closing.
Flexible Chart of Accounts
At the heart of the General Ledger accounting management software is a multi-dimensional Chart of Accounts that enables the user to perform powerful financial analysis and performance measurements. The user-defined structure can be changed easily and dynamically as your business evolves. Each account can be used to accept both financial amounts and statistical information for reporting purposes.
Drill Down Capability
Immediate visibility through “drill down” inquiries to source transactions and documents (for example: invoices, purchase orders, or projects) provide management information without the need to access other applications.
Budget and Outlook Simulation
GLOVIA G2’s General Ledger manufacturing accounting software module supports several methods for creating budgets using fixed, flexible, and total budgeting techniques.
User-defined budget types allow you to maintain budget and operating plan revisions and to perform what-if simulations. Budgets can be maintained for multiple years. A two-way Application Programming Interface (API) to the Microsoft desktop enables the extraction and modeling of financial data in other software packages. Audit trails provide comprehensive tracking of changes to budget revisions and versions.
Pre-Formatted Journal Entries
The General Ledger ERP software module includes various pre-designed journal entry formats to speed up entry and simplify the posting process. These include recurring journal entries, template journal entries, inter-company entries, account transfers and automatic reversals for accruals. Journals may also be populated directly with data from your desktop applications.
Transactions may be posted in any currency and are automatically converted to “home” currency for financial reporting and consolidation. Currency conversion and exchange rates are based on rate effectivity by date. Currency variances are automatically captured for subsequent reporting.
Total Reporting Flexibility
All financial reporting is under user control through a self-contained financial Report Writer. Single or multiple period reporting can be used to define required reports such as income statements, balance sheets, divisional consolidations, period comparatives, budgets, and outlook reports. This feature can be used to maintain statistical as well as financial results. Data mining and advance reporting are also supported through GLOVIA G2 Business Intelligence tools.
Chart of Accounts
- Up to nine user-defined elements
- Up to nine user-defined levels
- Up to 99 views per fiscal year
- Account mask for control of display format
- 20 alphanumeric positions
- User-defined account types
- Description field
- Multiple text lines
- 18 user-defined periods
- Independently defined quarters
- Period control and closing
- Periods are user-controlled by transaction groups
- Secured periods for pre- and post-closing transactions
- Automatic year-end posting to retained earnings account
- Regular and inter-company
- Amounts or percentages
- Automatic reversal option
- Pre-stored account distributions
- Recurring journal entries
- Balance transfers to multiple accounts
- Text lines
- Security for out-of-period and out-of-balance postings
- Powerful allocation engine
- Upload from desktop application
- Budgets, outlooks, and forecasts
- Multiple years: current, next, and prior
- Budget methods: fixed, flexible, and total
- Budget amounts and optional quantities
- Two-way API to desktop
- Drill down from any balance to transaction detail
- User-defined query profiles
- Any query in any currency
- Real-time, online balances
Financial Report Writing
- User-defined formats and formulas
- Currency selection
- Income statements and balance sheets
- Consolidation roll-ups
- Comparative reports with user-defined periods
- Budget reports
- Report multiple periods, quarters, and years
- Interim reporting
Download the FUJITSU GLOVIA to learn more about implementing our GLOVIA G2 General Ledger manufacturing accounting software module at your company.Download
ERP Success Stories
Manufacturers in varied industries around the world rely on Fujitsu Glovia to provide flexible, reliable and affordable solutions to manage their operations.